2012-07-05

Prior to Launch


Getting loaded up to do 450 miles on the new Salsa Fargo 3. Mostly a paved route with 110 mi of dirt in the middle. And mostly solo.

The kit pictured worked well on a seven mile ride with some gravel... except for the sandals strapped to the seatbag. They fell off twice. I'll add a cordloc to the stretch cord and I think that will solve it.

Ken went hiking with Andrew Skurka and (finally) saw the light in ultralight. I've tried with him, but he's stubborn... and morally opposed to owning too much 'new' stuff. I applaud him for that and we cheers over it, with PBR in cans.

I'm hoping to learn some stuff on the bike this week. I have 1,000 miles of riding planned this month. Yay bikes!

2 comments:

  1. Outstanding. Enjoy. I just re-assembled my KHS XC004 and I am looking forward to taking it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steampunk! Have fun rippin' the KHS.

    ReplyDelete

blog comments powered by Disqus